WS ComGateway from WebSCADA
WebSCADA has announced release of the WS ComGateway SCADA communication gateway. WebSCADA says the WS ComGateway addresses a wide range of customer identified needs, including advanced reliability, improved ease of use, and increased scalability and flexibility of SCADA systems.
From the press release at Automation.com:
WS ComGateway is a small electronic device located at the SCADA client site. It provides the core data transmission capabilities for field devices over broadband networks such as DSL, cable or satellite communications, either wire or wireless. It can integrate multiple devices using RS232/RS422/RS485, UBS, and Bluetooth protocols. The gateway combined with PLCs, RTUs, and application devices allows WebSCADA users to quickly design and deploy flexible, secure and customized automation solutions over the Internet regardless of physical locations.
- Intel Xscale IXP-422 266 MHz processor
- 128 MB RAM on-board, 32 MB Flash Disk
- Eight RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- Dual 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- USB 2.0 Host
- PCMCIA, CompactFlash, Wireless LAN Expansion (802.11b/802.11g)
- LCM Display and keypad for HMI
- Ready-to-Run WinCE .NET Communication Platform
- Robust, Fanless Design